1. Define the traditional conception of corporate social responsibility and distinguish it from social strategy.
2. Distinguish the concepts of philanthropy, charity, volunteerism, corporate social responsibility, and social strategy.
3. Explain why it is vital for each stakeholder involved in a sustainable, socially strategic endeavor to have a vested interest.
4. Discuss the role that for-profits can play in poverty alleviation and education enhancement.
5. Identify some of the hurdles that for-profits face in engaging in profitable partnerships or sustainable socially strategic endeavors to alleviate poverty.